Thursday, July 16, 2009

For You I Will...

It has been 2 years since we parted our ways, one may say I’ve let it go and some may say I’m just cheating myself that I can let it go. It all depends on the individual’s view, but deep inside me I’ve already let it go although once in awhile I might feel down.

Our courtship lasted 2 months and our relationship lasted 2 months. How ironic, all the 2’s. During the 2 months of our relationship we were very happy, we go on dates, stroll on the park, movies, shopping malls and meals together. That is a period of time my friends thought I neglected them until they realize that I’m in a relationship. They did not blame me, instead taught me a lot of things which I have know. But still, I appreciated their effort.

It was one day when she acted in a very funny way and avoiding me and so on. That night, I confronted her and she say she wanted to call off our relationship. The reason behind it is she wanted to concentrate on her studies which all my friends will say it’s a lie. I trusted her and we made a promise to be together again once she completed her studies which is 1 year.

During then, I still treat her as if she’s still in a relationship with me. I don’t know if she appreciated what I did and I did not expect anything from her. I even bought her a very expensive present for Valentine’s although we are not a couple. Then, she finished her studies but she failed 2 of her subjects. She asked me for more time which I gave her and she eventually passed. I did not ask her if she wanted to continue our relationship. After some time, she said she wanted to go elsewhere to work. This really breaks my heart, after waiting and now she said she wanted to go elsewhere to work while I’m still committed to my studies.

This time I still choose to wait for her. And soon, we lost contact; I tried to call her but to no avail. One fine sunny day, she contacted my friend and asks him how everything is and so on. She even tells my friend that she is now in a relationship with another guy. Naturally my friend will tell me all of it.

Because of that, a happy go lucky guy is lost in this world. All my friends consoled me and the hurt lasted for more than a year. And now I come to realize that, loving someone doesn’t necessarily being with the person. As long as the other person is happy, I will be happy. And slowly, the died happy go lucky guy is now slowly coming back to life.

No response to “For You I Will...”

Leave a Reply