Friday, July 17, 2009

Story of a girl



At first look, she is just a pretty, rich and arrogant girl. But do not judge a book by its cover. She is a friendly and not arrogant girl. She gets along well with anyone. To me, she means a lot. By just seeing her smile will make even the darkest of my day shine at its brightest. She is a very popular girl in high school and even now in university. During the orientation week of university, her name is already known throughout the guys from junior to senior year. Me? I’m just a regular Joe who is only interested to crack a joke or two and pull pranks on my own circle of friend.

The word love did not occur once in my head from my teen years until now when I meet her. Our meeting is a fated one where during our orientation; we were group into pairs to complete tasks as a welcoming tradition into university life. It was that time only I realize the word love. It was a love at first sight.

Since then we became friends. We would go for meals together and would also share thoughts together. She will usually tell me stories on guys trying to court her and also how she is not interested with them. Most of them are the senior guys students. Listening to her story make me feel sad and relieved at the same time as she is being courted but she rejected it.

All my friends knew that I like her a lot. And every day they would make fun of me when she is around and at the same time tried to pull us together. They taught me a lot of things on courting girls as they knew I never courted any girls before. But all their effort would end up in vain all the time as I do not have the courage.

Even her friends knew of me and they kind of liked me courting her and helped me in a lot of ways and would also end up the same. Just because I lacked courage, she in some way knew that I liked her. She didn’t avoid me like how she avoided other guys who tried to court her. There’s more than 10 occasions where I can confess my feelings towards her but it usually end up in me switching the topic to something else.

She soon grew frustrated at my lack of courage and began to see me less albeit did not avoid seeing me. I tried my best to gather my courage but each time I just couldn’t gather them together. Then a year later, I was offered a course which really interests me but it requires me to go overseas. My university dean and lecturers asked me to go and take up that offer and I can continue my course back here when that course is due. Not many people were given the chance to attend that course.

I was to leave the very next week. And it took every single friend of mine including her by shock that I will leave. Most of my friends are reluctant to part ways with me. And soon on that day, all of my close friends, including her, sent me off at the airport. Then, something struck my mind and I hugged her really hard, and I confessed my feelings for her.

She finally got what she wants, and tears rolled down her cheeks. We agreed to keep our relationship even if we are far apart. Before I went into the departure gate, I whispered to her that, the course will only last 6 months overseas and I will be back then. Upon hearing that, she gave me a punch and hugged me saying that she will miss me and I replied by saying that I will miss her too...

No response to “Story of a girl”

Leave a Reply