Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Understanding...The Fool

Next week it will be our 3rd anniversary together, I can't wait to surprise her with what I've planned. Thinking back, we’ve been through a lot of hardship only then we cherish our relationship a lot. Our relationship started before our final exam in high school. It started when I gather all my courage to ask her out to the library for study and date, I know, a bit stupid to date at the library, but heck this is students’ life.

Even during exam I asked her to the library and when there’s some time when we wanted to go for some breaks, we will walk around together. I confessed to her after our exam, it really stunned her that time and so that is the beginning of our relationship.

It was 6 months since we started our relationship and the 3rd month we are in our college that a problem happened. It all began when a guy started to get close to her and dated her a few times without my knowledge. If she were to tell me that, I wouldn’t mind if she goes out with another guy once or twice. It was when a friend told me that only I knew she went out to movies with another guy.
I acted normally when I learnt about it and I confronted her during a night out with her. She admitted that she went out with another and she claims that both of them do not have any special feelings towards each other. They went out like normal friends. I still did not believe her though.

After that confrontation, everything changed and I began to get close to a few girls that tried to know me more. And I even went out with them on dates. It really hurt her badly when some of her friends told her that. Both of us had a big quarrel. And so that began our big cold war, we didn’t talk to each other and in class when we need to do some kind of question and answer, we will end up quarrelling. It lasted a month and during that period I stopped dating those girls.

Both of us we actually mad at each other for nothing. I tried to make up with her and end up in vain. Though we didn’t break up, we don’t look like a couple either. It was when there’s a class trip to the beach that we made up. She went for a swim with her friends ignoring me at the seaside (The trip is actually planned by our friends for us to make up). The plan was actually for me to meet up with her during the night and give her flowers and apologize etc. But there’s a change of plan when she’s almost drowned while swimming.

I’m not a good swimmer myself, knowing that she almost drown, I ignored the danger that I might face and I quickly jump into the water to save her (She was swimming alone at that time when her friends are tired). During the process, I was drowned as I’m not a good swimmer, luckily there’s lifeguard on duty and he saved both of us. My friends told me that after we were saved, I almost died from drowning and she did not have much problem.

I was rushed to the hospital, in the ambulance she accompanied me and her tears rolled down uncontrollably on the way to hospital. She realized how much I am willing to sacrifice for her. When I woke up, she was beside me, waiting for me to wake up. I was out cold for 3 days. When I see her beside only then I realize what a fool I’ve been for I’ve acted because of my jealousy. Both of us made up, albeit in a better way. From that day onwards, we learned to be truthful to each other and cherish our relationship more. Although I almost lost my life, i wouldn’t mind sacrificing my life just to save her because when I knew that she was drowned and was near death only then I realize how important she is to me.

No response to “Understanding...The Fool”

Leave a Reply